Adds a sidebar widget to display the categories as a tag cloud. Based on Matt Kingston’s Weighted Categories WP plugin.
- Fully configuration via the Sidebar Widget admin panel.
- Set the minimum and maximum font-size and unit (px, pt, %).
- Exclude specific categories, (and hide empty categories).
- Display categories above a defined number of posts.
- Set the alignment of the text (left, right, center, justified).
- Order the category cloud either alphabetically or by post-count.
- Tested on both WordPress 2.0.x and 2.1 version branches.
You can view a working demo of the Category Cloud here:
The latest version of the Category Cloud widget can be downloaded from the official WordPress Plugins Directory (here). Alternatively you can get a copy direct from the SVN repository (trunk).
- Make sure you have the Widget plugin available at http://automattic.com/code/widgets/
- Copy category-cloud.php to your plugins folder, /wp-content/plugins/widgets/
- Activate it through the plugin management screen.
- Go to Themes->Sidebar Widgets and drag and drop the widget to wherever you want to show it.
- Use the configuration menu to customise the widget.