← Back to 2021

Week 39

Oops, I did it again. I'm a week late writing up my notes. I'm managing to keep rough notes during the week, but procrastinating on the write-up. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's the time of the year, less daylight, bit burned out from recent work, not sure. I'll persevere.

Tuesday was the big release for Umbraco v9! HQ put on an excellent webinar for the launch. All very well received by the community, with a fair amount of excitement surrounding it. In the evening we had an umBristol in-person meet-up, our first in 18 months. We'd previously dabbled with virtual meet-ups, but found they didn't have the same experience for our meet-up group. It was great to catch up with everyone. At the end of the night, Steve gave us a lift home in his Tesla, first time I'd been in one, very impressive!

It's been a while since mentioning MCU. I've been watching What If... with the kids. Good fun.

Friday night we had another band practice, this time we booked out a rehearsal studio - we recently got a new member (on lead guitar) and been struggling to find a good practice space. We tried out White Noise Studio down in Weston-super-Mare. At first it felt an unusual set-up, a warehouse unit in the middle of nowhere, turned out quite good. Most likely go back there soon.

Over the weekend, it was raining - so no gardening - decided to hacking around on Contentment - preparing for next release. I always forget how much work goes into making an release - even more now I'm developing/testing against Umbraco v8 and v9!

Whilst coding, I had Squid Game (Netflix) on in the background. About halfway through episode one, I think the coding became the background task. Oh my days, the tug of war scene was nerve wracking! Watched most of it over the weekend - it's a familiar plot, (I'm a big fan of Battle Royale anyway), but the writing and characters are great. Definitely worth a watch.

Sunday, one of our friends was doing the Virtual London Marathon around the local towns/villages. We went to various milestones to cheer him on, and back to his house for a big finish line. Later on we went to The Pear Orchard (again) for a late-lunch/early-dinner.

Sunday evening was spent packing LL's bags, for her week long school trip to Morfa Bay Adventure.